“Baptism, the Eucharist, and the sacrament of Confirmation together constitute the ‘sacraments of Christian initiation,’ whose unity must be safeguarded. It must be explained to the faithful that the reception of the sacrament of Confirmation is necessary for the completion of baptismal grace. For ‘by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.’”
– Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1285
Confirmation Preparation Program
The Archdiocese of Atlanta requires a two-year Confirmation process for any student wishing to receive the sacrament.
- Ninth grade students must be enrolled in a Catholic High School or in the Parish School of Religion (PSR). Please note that if your child is in PSR and has not attended 80% of the classes in 9th grade, they are not eligible for Confirmation in 10th grade.
- All students in tenth grade, regardless of school affiliation, must attend the preparation classes specifically designed for Confirmation in the fall of 2018.
Bishop Joel Konzen will celebrate Confirmation at OLA on Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 7pm.
Registration for Fall 2018 Confirmation is now open. Registration will close on June 30.
- Click here to register for Fall 2018
- Click here to download the 2018 Confirmation Handbook
- 2018 Confirmation Service Hours Form
- Click here to download the Sponsor Verification Form
For questions about registration, please contact Gretchen Heath (Religious Education Secretary) at (404) 261-7181, ext. 123 or email@example.com. For questions about the Confirmation program, contact Angela O’Donoghue (Youth Minister) at (404) 261-7181, ext. 113 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Due to the nature of our program, our retreat is limited only to those who participants in the program. We cannot accept youth from other Confirmation programs on our retreat.