Listed below are OLA and Archdiocesan policies with regard to volunteers, serving alcohol, media, and space usage.
Ministry leaders are responsible for ensuring that their ministry follows all of the policies/procedures listed in this document.
Ministry leaders are responsible for ensuring that their volunteers complete the following steps before allowing them to volunteer – especially with children and other vulnerable individuals.
ALL adults who volunteer with children (those under the age of 18) or vulnerable adults at OLA must complete the following PRIOR to volunteering at OLA:
- Complete the Volunteer Application and Sterling Consent form (for background check) and turn completed paperwork in to Benny Strozier at the Parish Office PRIOR to volunteering at OLA.
- You MUST include your social security number on your paperwork or your application cannot be processed
- You MUST include your birthday on your paperwork or your application cannot be processed
- You MUST sign both forms.
- Download the Volunteer Application and the Sterling Consent form by clicking here.
- Complete a VIRTUS Training Class by following the instructions below.a. Go to https://archatl.com/ministries-services/safe-environment/volunteers/
b. Read All Safe Environment Policies
c. Pre-Register (and attend) a live VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children Session.
d. You may NOT volunteer with children or other vulnerable persons until you have completed this training.
ALL minors who volunteer with children or vulnerable adults at OLA must complete the following paperwork and turn it in to Benny Strozier at the Parish Office PRIOR to volunteering at OLA (download by clicking on the link):
Volunteering Minors do NOT attend VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children Session.
Adult to Youth Ratio
The Archdiocese of Atlanta recommends the following ratio of adults to youth at all meetings and events:
- Elementary Aged Youth (Grades K-5) – 1 adult per 6 kids
- Middle School Aged Youth (Grades 6-8) – 1 adult per 8 kids
- High School Aged Youth (Grades 9-12) – 1 adult per 10 teens
POLICY FOR EVENTS SERVING ALCOHOL
The Archdiocese of Atlanta requires that an Events Serving Alcohol Checklist be submitted for all parish meetings/events where alcohol is served 30 days prior to the event. All policies stated in the check list MUST be adhered to.
All parish events/meetings were reviewed with the Archdiocese of Atlanta’s liability office. Detailed information requirements, per the Archdiocese, for specific events/meetings held at OLA can be found on the OLA Alcohol Policy for Events and Ministries spreadsheet.
ANNUAL MEDIA RELEASE FOR ALL MINORS INVOLVED IN MINISTRY
The Archdiocese of Atlanta requires that an Annual Media Release be filled out for every minor who is involved in a ministry at the parish. Written permission must be obtained prior to posting photographs, or other identifying information, of minors online. Please refer to the Archdiocese’s Guidelines for the Use of Social Networking Sites with Minors for more information.
The OLA media form can be downloaded by clicking here: OLA Annual Media Release Form 2018-2019
One form will be required for all OLA Church and Preschool events and will be retained in the Communications Office. In future years we will send out requests for this prior to the beginning of the school year.
- Forms for the 2018 – 2019 academic year must be filled out, signed, and turned into Anne Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 15, 2018.
- If you have not already submitted a form for your child/children, please do so prior to the deadline.
- If you have already submitted a form for your child to a parish ministry, please notify Anne Stephens at email@example.com of which ministry leader you turned the form into and the name of each ministry that your child participates in.
- If you have submitted a form to OLA School please note that those are for school purposes only. You still need to turn in a form for OLA Church and Preschool.
MEETING SPACE USAGE
All persons/ministries that book meeting space at Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church must fill out the OLA Meeting Space User Agreement/Check List which includes a diagram of the required set-up.
The agreement and diagram must be signed and returned to Nimi Wani at the parish office no later than TWO WEEKS prior to the date of the event.
If you have monthly meetings, please fill out the OLA Meeting Space User Agreement and turn it in to Nimi Wani (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the parish office by Thursday, November 1. This will ensure that each month your meeting space will be set up correctly. In future years you will be asked for the set-up in August and that will be good for the entire year.